The 46th annual South High Marathon Dance will be held on March 3 and 4 at the South Glens Falls Senior High School located on Merritt Road, with ancillary activities taking place at Tanglewood Elementary School.Due to the size of the event, the following parking and traffic flow procedures have been implemented.
- To facilitate the flow of shuttle buses and traffic, we ask there to be NO PARKING on either side of Merritt Road, Elmwood Drive or Tanglewood Drive starting at 3:00 p.m. on Friday, March 3 until 11:59 p.m. Saturday, March 4.
- Tanglewood School will be open to the public for fundraising activities, but there is NO parking for shuttle to the High School, unlike previous years. Visitors to Tanglewood Elementary School can find parking on site, or via a shuttle lot. Tanglewood Elementary will be open:
- Friday, March 3, 5 p.m. - 10 p.m.
- Saturday, March 4, 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. Please note sales conclude at 6 p.m.
- Parking at the High School back parking lot will be limited to current Marathon Dance recipients, handicap, and those with special permits. Front lot will be open on a first come first serve basis.
- Several 15-minute parking spots will be in place in the back lot for pick-up or drop-off.
- Dancer drop-off Friday night will be via the backlot; enter off Merritt Road only.
- All persons visiting the high school must enter through the security checkpoint in the back of the building. The event is closed to the public. ONLY STAFF, RECIPIENTS AND APPROVED GUESTS WILL BE GRANTED ENTRY.
- A bus shuttle will run from designated parking areas to the Senior High School and Tanglewood Elementary School, cycling continuously, during the following times:
- Friday, March 3, 5 p.m. – 11:00 p.m.
- Saturday, March 4, 8:00a.m. – 9:30 p.m. and re-starting after Dance Finale.
- Parking for volunteers and spectators, with bus shuttles, will be available at Mr. Bill’s, Kingpin’s Alley, United Methodist Church, and the First Baptist Church. NO shuttle parking at Tanglewood.
- When parking at a satellite parking area, please be sure to get out of your vehicle and wave to the bus when it cycles through the parking lot.
www.shmd.org, Facebook www.facebook.com/shmdInc, or Twitter @shmdnow for additional
information. Specific questions regarding parking at the High School, designated parking areas, and bus shuttles should be directed to the Marathon Dance Parking Supervisors at email@example.com.