main content starts here

Childcare Needs for Essential Workers

April 1, 2020

Childcare Needs for Essential Workers
The state government is asking schools to reach out to parents that are essential workers. This group includes:

  • Essential health care workers may include licensed health professionals such as physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, registered nurses, LPNs and nurse assistants or laboratory personnel.
  • Direct support professionals may include clinicians and support staff serving the behavioral health, intellectual/developmental disabilities and child welfare communities in residential and community- based care settings.
  • First responders may include paramedics, emergency medical technicians, police officers, and firefighters, correctional officers or related support personnel necessary to execute these duties. Food manufacturing, production, distribution and supply including supermarket workers and food preparation.
  • Transportation including commercial truck driver of necessary supplies and equipment, transit workers, air and rail and carriers of critical and essential materials.
  • Construction and Manufacturing including specialized equipment related to health or safety of the public.
  • Nonprofit and social service agencies providing support to families and employees in related fields.

This list may change as the facts and circumstances change.

If you are working in any of these professions and having issues with childcare, our region is working together to coordinate efforts.

Please contact:

Denise M. Capece, Executive Principal, WSWHE BOCES
Cell: 518-225-9940
Fax: 518-581-3844

Find more information here.

Category: Archive