The district’s internal stakeholder team presented the first draft of the conceptual design work for a capital project that the district is planning at the board of education meeting on Monday, March 16, 2015, at 6:30 p.m. in the high school LGI. View the presentation here.
Based on feedback from fall staff surveys and the findings from the district’s most recent building conditions survey, the administrative team, directors, board of education representatives and architects have created a list of district priorities for the district’s next capital project. The group will present the work that has been accomplished over the past year to the BOE and community.
Items that were discussed include:
- building renovation and maintenance needs,
- safety and security upgrades,
- improvements to instructional and student support service spaces,
- site plans that include parking and traffic flow designs,
- district office relocation plans,
- a new transportation facility,
- technology upgrades and
- opportunities for alternative energy.